Just like it says above, ladies, we are going to hit the ground running on this post. First off, assuming you read the about page already (check it out) you know that this is first and foremost, a bra blog, through a Christian lens. This is probably unfamiliar territory, no matter which end of the internet you’ve come from, but don’t be afraid! We are going to navigate the wilderness together.
Some house rules before we go on
- My biggest rule is, this is a no boys zone. We love our fathers, husbands, brothers, cousins and brothers in Christ, but I want to establish a place where sisters in Christ can come together and talk about things they wouldn’t usually be able to, like underwear, clothes and other girl problems that God definitely has an opinion on! they wouldn’t be comfortable, and neither would you, knowing they were here.
- Don’t be vulgar. It is completely possible to make a point without obsenity, even an angry point.
- This is no place to discuss politics. My beliefs can pretty much be inferred just by what I’m saying here, but this is a bra blog. I want to help women of all shapes, sizes, colors, and denominations. You don’t have to agree with me personally to benefit from this blog.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions! It’s what I’m here for.
- Basically, treat the people on this site the way Jesus would.
Now that that’s out of the way, why is underwear so important in the first place?
If you belong to a “holiness” church or denomination, or practice similar modesty, the answer can be put as simply as it’s part of the same thing. The long, and better explained answer is that God thinks it is important and here’s why:
In Exodus 28, the LORD describes to Moses in detail exactly what he wants the priests to wear in their service to him, “for glory and for beauty”. Verse 42 describes linen breeches for them, knee pants that wouldn’t be seen under all the other beautiful garments, to “cover their nakedness”. Basically, underpants. No one else would have been able to see that, and no one else would have cared. But God cared, because He was the one looking. These garments were written for the priests, but if we intend to serve God in any capacity at all, we need to follow some of these guidelines, for no one else’s benefit but His, and in the long run, ours.
That being said, it is just as important that these undergarments fit you. If your underpants are too big, they are uncomfortable. If they are too small, the same. It isn’t a crime to take the time to figure out the size that you need, and the same goes for bras. But that, ladies, is my next post.